This is the 3rd dish I made from Scott’s catch this hunting season. First one was the venison cutlets and second dish was Venison Stew which I will write about soon. I pretty much just jumped there but please bear with me. I will get to all my dishes eventually. Venison Adobo?? Sure, why not!!
Recipe: Venison Adobo With Green Beans
- 1-2 pounds of venison, in medium chunks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1tbsp of oil
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 2–3 thumb-size of ginger, smashed
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 3 pcs of dried bay leaves
- a bunch of green beans
- 1 long green pepper(optional)
- Combine everything in a pot except the green beans. Simmer in low heat to tenderize the meat while infusing the adobo flavor.
- Add the green beans(and long green pepper, optional) at the last minute of cooking. Continue to cook for a few more minutes to soften the green beans
Discard the bay leaves. Once the cooking stops the bay leaves are basically just garnish at this point.
Serve with rice.