Am I obsessed with frittata? At this point I can honestly say, yes I am. Can you blame me? It’s the easiest but most scrumptious breakfast or brunch dish anyone could make anytime. Make it for dinner too if you want. Here’s my new frittata creation from this past weekend’s brunch, Red Potatoes & Chorizo Frittata.
Recipe: Red Potatoes & Chorizo Frittata
- 4 sm red potatoes(wash thoroughly)
- 1 link of chorizo sausage
- 2 strings of scallions, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cream(sub with milk)
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese
- a little bit of butter for sauteing
- Chop the red potatoes(with skin) into small cubes.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the potatoes to cook until soft. Stir in the chorizo sausage to brown. Drain as much grease as you can. Stir in the chopped scallions.
- Preheat oven to 355°
- In a bowl, beat eggs with cream(or milk) and garlic powder. Pour it over the pan, tilting it a couple of times. Cook for about 5 minutes to settle the egg.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese on top. Transfer the pan into the oven to cook for 10 minutes or so to continue cooking the frittata and melt the cheese.
I know I always say this to every frittata recipe I write about but this is really good. The potatoes balance out the spiciness of the chorizo which has so much flavor that’s why it’s not necessary to add any more seasoning except for the garlic powder in the beaten egg.
Make this Red Potatoes & Chorizo Frittata for your family this weekend.