I made these Hershey Kisses Blossom Sugar Cookies on December 1st and I’m just posting the recipe now because well, I got busy decorating for Christmas. These cookies are the first batch of our Christmas Baking Series. At least that’s what I’m calling our baking marathon anyway. “Our” meaning me and my Sous Chef Miss Emma who is just absolutely loving all our baking extravaganza. We get to eat cookies afterwards so what’s not to love, right?
Recipe: Hershey Kisses Blossom Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a bunch of Hershey Kisses
- 1/2 cup more sugar
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Scrape the sides of the mixer bowl then wrap in saran wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place the extra sugar onto a plate. With a spoon or a cookie scooper, scoop some dough, use your hands to form a ball. Roll the cookie balls into the sugar then place in the cookie sheet pan. Repeat until you’ve rolled enough to fit in the pan.
- Stick it in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes. While the first batch is baking, unwrap the Hershey Kisses. Eat a couple or more, it’s OK >
- Immediately press each Hershey Kisses in the middle of each cookie once baked. Transfer in the cooling rack.
- Form the remaining cookie batter into balls and roll them into sugar then bake.
There you go. Enjoy with a glass of milk. Store the cookies in a closed container once completely cooled.