For our Thanksgiving dessert, I went for the No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake instead of the usual baked pumpkin cheesecake with dulce de leche topping. I just wanted to try the cheesecake prepared in a different way and in a way compare which is better. Baked or No-Bake? After having been tried the no-bake version I think I’ll go back to baking my cheesecake next year. Don’t get me wrong, the no-bake cheesecake was good and easier to prepare but it just did not have the firmness I want my cheesecake to be.
The whole time it was setting in the fridge overnight I was worried whether it would firm up or will it look like a pudding pie. To ease my mind, I put it in the freezer 2 hours before serving. I think my husband preferred my baked cheesecake as well. For your own preference, make this one then decide for yourself if you want the baked or no-bake.
Recipe: No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 2 packs of graham crackers(I used sweet so I didn’t need sugar in the crust)
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 2 bricks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree(canned)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 can of sm condensed milk
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin powder(this helps set the cheesecake)
- whipped cream for topping
- Crush the graham using a Magic Bullet or regular blender. Melt 1 stick of butter in the microwave. Pour it into the crushed graham crackers. Stir until mixed together.
- Put the crumbs into the bottom and sides of springform pan. Distribute the crumbs evenly while flattening it at the same time with the bottom of the glass.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes in the oven, 350°. Set it aside when done.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon powder, pumpkin spice powder, and gelatin powder. Mix for a minute or two then pour in the condensed milk. Continue to mix until everything is blended together.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Shake it gently to make the top smooth or just use a flat spatula to smooth out the top. Cover and store it in the fridge overnight.
No-Bake Cheesecake can set in the fridge within 3-4 hours.
I wasn’t able to take a picture of the cheesecake after I cut the first slice. Top the cheesecake with whipped cream. This cheesecake was good and everyone seemed to love it. It’s also easier to prepare but personally speaking, I prefer to continue baking my cheesecake from now on.