Scott was originally going to make bacon and bleu cheese omelet this past Saturday but along the way we agreed that bacon and bleu cheese frittata would be even better. My husband and I are bleu cheese fiends so we can pretty much eat anything with bleu cheese on it. And hello, BACON! Out of all the frittatas I’ve made so far, this is the best one yet!
Recipe: Bacon & Bleu Cheese Frittata
- 4-5 pieces of bacon, chopped and browned
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of cream or milk
- 1 string of scallion, chopped
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 stick of butter
- crumbled bleu cheese
- In a small nonstick pan, cook the bacon until brown and crispy. Transfer in a platter with paper towel catch the grease.
- In a bowl, beat eggs with the cream or milk. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Melt butter in a larger nonstick pan. Saute green onions and cooked bacon. Slowly pour the beaten egg and stir a few times. Season with garlic powder. Let the cook to set for about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle crumbled bleu cheese on top. Transfer the pan into the oven to continue cooking about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the top is set.
- Use a potholder to remove the pan from the oven. Place a heatproof mat on your table to protect it from the hot pan.
Highly recommended. This Bacon & Bleu Cheese Frittata served with Cheese Danish, SERIOUSLY!