My husband had been talking about fried pickles for quite some time now and after chatting about it one day on Face Time, he came home with 2 jars of pickles. So off I fried them pickles. They’re actually better than I’ve anticipated and as you may have guessed by now, yes fried pickles are good accompaniment to either burgers, hotdogs, or fish fry.
I adapted the recipe from Food Network.
Recipe: Fried Pickles, Anyone?
- 1 jar of pickles, juice drained
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup of water(+ a little bit more — Use beer of you prefer))
- oil for frying
- FOR THE DIP
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of horseradish
- 2 tsp of ketchup
- a little bit of hot sauce
- sprinkle of cajun seaosning
- Get as much liquid out from the pickles by placing them in a plate with paper towel.
- Heat up oil in a fryer.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Add the water and whisk all of them together.
- Dip the pickles into the batter a few at a time. Slowly drop in the heated oil, a few at a time as well. Fry ‘em up until golden brown. Place the fried pickles in a colander to catch excess grease. Repeat with the remaining pickles.
- For the sauce, mix together mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup, hot sauce, and cajun seasoning in a bowl. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
VOILA, fried pickles!
Hotdogs with fried pickles. Try this combo sometime.