A different approach with enchiladas using my favorite chorizo and for an added touch, pinto beans. This combination was such a delightful surprise that I can’t wait to make it again soon. Seriously, this is really good!
Recipe: Chorizo & Pinto Beans Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 cup of salsa
- 1 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 packs of chorizo
- 1 can of pinto beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 6-8 large flour tortillas
- In a bowl, combine the salsa and sour cream. Stir them together and set aside.
- In a hot pan, brown the chorizo. Discard as much grease as you can. Stir in the pinto beans.
- Put some of the sour cream and salsa mixture in the bottom of a casserole/dish pan.
- Preheat the oven to 355°
- Assemble the enchiladas. Chorizo filling, sour cream & salsa mixture, and shredded cheese. Roll it up tightly then place into the pan. Repeat until you’ve wrapped all the enchiladas. (Make sure to save some of the salsa mixture and cheese).
- Spread the remaining salsa mixture and shredded cheese on top. Bake it in to oven for about 15 minutes.
Presenting, Chorizo & Pinto Beans Enchiladas.
Serve with sliced avocado.