I am in a cheese fix lately. I want to eat cheese all the time. I might have gone overzealous in the cheesiness of this Creamy & Cheesy Beef Penne but I didn’t care. I just want all the cheesy goodness and I got it. The cheese sauce is basically the same sauce I make for my grown up Mac ‘N’ Cheese. Simple. Cheesy. Good.
Recipe: Creamy & Cheesy Beef Penne
- 1 box of penne, cooked al dente
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- seasonings: sprinkle of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian Seasonings(or dried oregano, dried basil)
- basil for garnish
- Boil water to cook the pasta, al dente.
- Brown ground beef. Discard all the grease.
- In a medium pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour until your form a roux. Add the milk and the cheeses. Whisk gently until everything is incorporated.
- Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
- Drain the water off of the pasta. Pour the cheese sauce into the pasta. Add the browned ground beef then stir everything together.
- Transfer into a platter. Garnish with chopped basil.
Sprinkle more parmesan cheese if you so desire. Mmmmmm, cheese!