There’s nothing scary about my Halloween Cake Truffle Balls but they sure are cute in a simple non-creative way. I just wanted to make something to munch on that’s not candy since it’s Halloween season after all. I also deviated from the usual Halloween cupcakes which I make every year.
So these cake truffle balls are just regular white cake base shaped into balls then coated with melted vanilla almond bark with orange food coloring. It’s really very easy to make.
Recipe: Halloween Cake Truffle Balls
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup butter(2 sticks, room temperature)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tub of whipped cream cheese frosting
- half of vanilla almond bark
- orange food coloring
- Spray a 10x10x2 square pan or a sheet cake with Pam then lightly dust with flour. Set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until combined. Add the eggs one at a time. Gradually add the flour mixture, then milk and vanilla extract. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Carefully pour the batter into cake pan. Tap a few times into a flat surface to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Test doneness by sticking a toothpick into take. If the toothpick comes out clean then it’s ready.
- Cool the cake completely. Once cooled, crumble the cake. Use your clean hands to crumble. Add the frosting into the crumbled cake. Mix them together until completely incorporated.
- Shape the crumbled cake into mini-balls. Store in the freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight.
Melt the almond bark in the microwave for a minute or two. Stir to melt completely. Stir in the food coloring. Dip the balls one at a time into the melted almond bark. Place ‘em back into the tray then add green sprinkles(or whatever decorations you prefer). Repeat the process until all balls are coated. Put them back in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer to firm up.