You want spaghetti but you’re not feeling the tomato-based sauce? Or let’s just say you don’t have any in stock. Conveniently though you have a can of cream of mushroom soup, a few button mushrooms, and while you’re at it why not throw in a few capers too. Yes, that totally happened in my kitchen, Hah!
- 1-2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 box of angel hair pasta
- 1 sm onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled chopped
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- some pasta water
- 3-4 button mushrooms, sliced
- a few capers
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta al dente. Save some of the pasta water before draining completely.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain most of the grease off. Add the chopped garlic and onions to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and a few capers then the cream of mushroom soup. Add some of the pasta water and gently stir the whole thing together to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan. Season with salt and pepper(optional: + a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes)Gently mix the pasta and beef mixture together.
Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. The leftover is even more delicious the following day for lunch.