I have made chocolate crinkle cookies before using a recipe from Paula Deen but she calls them Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies and the recipe calls for a cake mix and cream cheese. What I have here is very basic and just as delicious as Paula Deen’s cookies.
Recipe: CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup + confectionery sugar
- Mix cocoa powder, sugar, and vegetable oil until well combined. Beat in the eggs one at a time then the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the batter bowl and beat until blended. Cover the bowl with saran wrap to chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Put the confectionery sugar in a platter or a ziploc bag.
- Preheat the oven to 355°
- Once chilled, scoop the dough with a big spoon or a mini ice cream scoop. Using your hands, form a ball from the dough.
- Do these until you have about 4 or 5 then roll em up in the confectionery sugar to coat. If using a ziploc bag, dump the balls in the bag, close then shake shake shake.
- Place the cookie balls in a cookie sheet. Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes. Do this in batches.
Cool the cookies in a rack after baking.
Kids and adults alike will love these chocolate crinkle cookies. Make some this weekend.