When I asked my husband yesterday right before he left for work what he wanted for dinner he said to make something with pork. That Man loves me dearly. He knows I would die if I don’t eat pork once a week. Oh alright, 3 times a week. After thinking for a bit what I could make with the pack of boneless pork chops I came up with pork roulade. And because I’m awesome, I decided to wrap the pork roulade with bacon too. Pork on pork, BABY!. While at it, I figured I’d make a video bog out of it too. So let’s get to it. A printable recipe would still be available after the videos for reference.
|VBlog: Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Pork Roulade|
- 4-5 boneless pork chops
- 4-5 strips of bacon
- a handful of asparagus, discard the tough ends
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- cooking spray
- foil to cover the pan
- Pound each sides of the boneless pork chops in between saran wrap. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together asparagus and mushrooms. Drizzle olive oil then sprinkle Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Place 3-4 spears of asparagus and a couple of sliced mushrooms into a pounded pork chop. Roll tightly then wrap a bacon around it. Seal it with a toothpick. Repeat the process for remaining pounded pork chops.
- Preheat the oven to 355°.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray. Place the pork roulade into the pan. Wrap the pan with foil. Put it in the oven to cook for 35-40 minutes.
Drizzle the juices from the pan into the roulade when serving. It’s really good.
Look at that, moist bacon wrapped pork with mushrooms and asparagus filling. Serve with potato au gratin with cheese and panko toppings.