Shrimp Tofu & Asparagus Stir-Fry was tonight’s dinner. I am happy to share that I am writing about it with a full and extremely satisfied tummy. Shrimp anything is really good, PERIOD! Combine shrimp with tofu and asparagus, well, have a ball. consider your night an amazing one. Unless of course you’re allergic to shrimps. If that’s the case then ignore this, but if you’re not, enjoy with gusto. I did.
|Shrimp Tofu & Asparagus Stir-Fry||
- 12 oz medium shrimp(peeled, deveined, no tails)
- 1 brick of firm tofu, cut in cubes then browned
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- sprinkle of black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 15-20 strings of asparagus, cut up in thirds
- oil for browning the tofu then sauteing
- In a small pot, heat up oil to brown tofu. Do this in 2 batches. The amount of oil to be used would be akin to deep-frying process. Put the fried tofu in a paper-lined platter to catch the excess oil.
- In a bigger pot, take about 3 tbsp of oil from the small pot to saute the rest of the ingredients with. Cook first the garlic, onions, and tomatoes. Once they’ve soften up stir in the shrimp. Cook for 5 minutes or so. Then add the asparagus, browned tofu, soy sauce, water, black pepper, and lemon juice. Stir everything together, cover the pan and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the stir-fry into a serving platter.
Serve with rice!