This Baked Chicken In Apricot Jam & Onion Soup Mix dish is a slightly different variation of a dish called “Russian Chicken.” The reason it’s a variation is because I used Italian dressing instead of Russian dressing which I didn’t have in my pantry. Another modification I made to this dish is giving the chicken time to marinate in the sauce for about an hour instead of just pouring the sauce over the chicken then baking straight into the oven. I wanted the chicken pieces to absorb the flavor before cooking. That is of course an option that you need to consider when cooking this dish.
|Baked Chicken In Apricot Preserves & Onion Soup Mix|
- 6 pieces of chicken (thighs, legs)
- 1 1/2 cup of Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup of apricot preserves
- 1 packet of onion soup mix
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- In a marinating bowl, stir Italian dressing, apricot preserves, onion soup mix, salt and pepper until well combined. Add the chicken pieces into the bowl. Coat each piece with the sauce. Cover the bowl and store in the fridge for about an hour. 45 minutes would do.
- Preheat the oven to 355°.
- Line a pyrex pan with foil for easy clean up. After marinating for 45 minutes, place the chicken pieces in to the pan. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Bake them in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
Serve with rice and whatever veggies you’ve got. You can serve this with mashed potatoes too but in my opinion rice is so much better to go along with the sauce. Easy and delicious chicken dish. Next time try using Russian dressing to make the authentic Russian chicken.