When I made pork & mushrooms dumplings this past Saturday I did it 2 ways. The bamboo-steamer way for the sort of like baskets dumplings, then the pan-steamed way with the triangle-wrpaaed dumplings. But this post is not about the dumplings. This is about the side item that I quickly whipped up to go along with the dumplings. I didn’t want to make tofu and zucchini fritters again but tofu was the only thing I could think of that would match the dumblings. I remembered the bottle of sweet chili sauce in the fridge so Tofu In Sweet Chili Sauce came to mind and to just to add a bit more textures, crispy garlic bits for garnish.
|Tofu & Crispy Garlic Bits In Sweet Chili Sauce|
- 1 pack of firm tofu, cut in thick cubes
- 1/2 cup of sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp of oil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Heat up oil in a wok(or pan). Brown the chopped garlic for a few seconds. This is a fast process so pay attention. You don’t want burnt garlic bits. Transfer the brown garlic bits into a small plate then set aside.
- Use the same wok or pan to brown the tofu cubes. Don’t stir too much while browning to avoid mashed tofu. Add the sweet chili sauce, water, and soy sauce. Carefully stir everything together and continue to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer into a platter or individual bowls. Sprinkle crispy garlic bits on top to serve as garnish.
Serve alongside dumplings or siopao(steamed pork buns) or eat as is with white rice.