Pardon the simplicity of this pork & broccoli stir-fry but I’m writing about it here because I’m still trying to remember what I put in the marinade of another pork dish that I meant to write about. It’s funny how I have a photographic memory on dishes I see on cooking shows or visited food blogs but I can’tr remember my own recipe. I should really start writing down my own recipes. Yah know, using a pen and a paper.
Anyhoooooo, so this pork & broccoli stir-fry, well, at least it’ll add up into the archives.
|Pork & Broccoli Stir-Fry|
- about 2 pounds of pork loin, cut in thin strips
- 2 heads of broccoli florets
- 1 sm onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, shopped finely
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup of mirin (rice wine)
- 1/4 cup of water
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat up oil in a wok, or non-stick pan sauté garlic and onions. Add the pork strips, stir and cook until tender.
- Season with soy sauce, oyster sauce, water, mirin and black pepper. Add the broccoli, stir, cover, and let it cook for another 10-15 minutes or so, or until the mushrooms are cooked.
Serve with bacon & egg fried rice.