I stocked up the pantry with cans of tuna fish early this month more than I know what to do with them. I’ve made tuna fish sandwiches of course but I needed more ideas to use them up. I ended up making tuna patties to go along with the Chicken & Mini Farfalle Pasta Salad. The tuna patties can be served and eaten burger style too by the way.
- 4 cans of tuna fish, drained
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 sm onion, chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- a couple of drops of hot sauce
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine the drained tuna fish, tomato, onions, bread crumbs, egg, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix everything together. Form patties with your hands.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Fry the tuna patties on each side until firm or golden brown.
- Serve with a pasta salad dish or in between burger buns.