This chicken and pasta salad would be a nice pasta salad to make use of whatever leftover chicken you’ve got in the fridge. Having said that though, I actually didn’t use leftover chicken here but I just want you to know that you could easily use leftovers. And this is just a different version of the other pasta salads I’ve made before. I just added chicken here and used raspberry vinaigrette instead of Italian dressing. And of course, different pasta.
|Chicken & Mini Farfalle Pasta Salad|
- half a box of Mini Farfalle – Wheels pasta (cook al dente’)
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup light raspberry vinaigrette
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- a bowl of cooked chicken (leftover chicken)
- a bowl of coarsely chopped mixed greens
- Cook the pasta according to the box. Drain the water. Transfer the cooked pasta into a salad mixing bowl.
- CHICKEN: Use leftovers OR, chop 2 boneless chicken breasts, saute until cooked then season with a sprinkle of Italian seasonings, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Combine the cooked pasta, chopped eggs, mayonnaise, salad dressing, chicken, mixed greens, sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir everything together.
- Cover the bowl. Store in the fridge until ready for serving.
- Serve as is for lunch, or as a side dish during summer parties. OR, as a base dish alongside tuna patties(recipe will be posted sometime).