When it comes to pork tenderloins, I usually grab the pre-marinated ones coz when I read the combo flavor on the package, they just sounds so good. And I admit it, it saves time. But for a while now we haven’t been satisfied with the pre-marinated tenderloins that we’ve bought. Either the meat was a bit dry, or too salty. I don’t know, maybe it’s my oven. HUH? To solve the problem, I bought the fresh tenderloin then made my own marinade.
|Honey-Mustard Pork Tenderloin|
- pork tenderloin, 2 pieces
- 1/2 cup of brown mustard
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of dried basil
- sprinkle of dried oregano
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Combine the mustard, honey, olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano and salt and pepper.
- Coat the pork tenderloin with the marinade. Store them in the fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 355 degrees. Place the marinated pork tenderloins in a foil-lined sheet pan. Back them in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes after cooking before slicing into medallions.
- I served the pork tenderloin with pumpernickle bread(with butter), Knorr rice side dish, and corn.