I made this Strawberry-Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie last Wednesday night. It was one of those, “I want something sweet” cravings a few hours after dinner. I was already in the middle of folding laundry and waiting for American Idol to come one so whipping up a batch of cookies was definitely not something I wanted to do at that moment. But my husband really wanted something sweet. He didn’t want fresh strawberries or yogurt. So I suggested Strawberry-Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie. That solved the problem.
|Strawberry-Vanilla Yogurt Smoothie|
- 8-10 strawberries, quartered, discard the leaf part
- 1 6oz cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- some ice cubes
- 2 extra strawberries as garnish (quartered)
- optional: 1 tbsp of sugar
- Put all the ingredients in a blender. Add sugar if you want to but that’s optional.
- Blend the whole thing until smooth.
- Pour into individual glasses or jars. Add extra strawberries to garnish each glass. Perfect for that sweet craving, and of course during this summer to beat the heat. PS: I absolutely love these recycled peanut butter and jelly jars.