Summer means a lot of things. One of them is making cold pasta salads. I suppose it’s ok to make them during winter too but it is usually during the Summer that I get to indulge in whipping up different kinds of cold pasta salads. They’d go with any grilled meat entrees, including kebabs, satays, burgers, just to name a couple. Pasta salads prefect to serve as side dishes during the summer parties in the backyard or as lunch for the family on regular days. This Mini Rotelle Cold Pasta Salad W/ Cheese & Sunflower Seeds is basically another version of Pasta & Broccoli Salad W/ Golden Raisins and Sunflower Seeds but without the golden raisins and chopped fresh broccoli. I added chopped eggs instead.
|Mini Rotelle Cold Pasta Salad W/ Cheese & Sunflower Seeds|
- half a box of Mini Rotelle – Wheels pasta (cook al dente’)
- 3 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup of generous drizzle of Italian salad dressing
- 1 cupof mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Cook the pasta according to the box. Drain the water. Transfer the cooked pasta into a salad mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped eggs, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, salad dressing, sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir everything together.
- Cover the bowl. Store in the fridge until ready for serving.
- Have a small bowl for lunch or bring the huge bowl to a Summer potluck party. Just make sure to keep it cold. Enjoy!
Double the ingredients if you’re making it for a party.