When you’re craving fried chicken but don’t want to deal with oil and the frying process you can always opt for the oven-fried method. For an added flavor, try this ranch oven-fried chicken recipe sometime. It’s mild and slightly tangy and creamy that you might actually think about deep-frying the chicken next time to see which method would taste best. I’ll let you know when I do that, in the meantime, here’s the oven version.
|Ranch Oven-Fried Chicken||
- 6-8 pieces of chicken(legs, thighs, breasts)
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- sprinkles of salt and pepper
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of paprika
- Preheat the oven to 355 degress.
- In a bowl, beat one egg then add the ranch dressing. Continue to beat to incorporate the two.
- In container or a ziploc bag, combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Drench the chicken pieces in the ranch and egg mixture, then into the flour mixture. Place in a foil-lined sheet. Repeat the process on the remaining chicken pieces.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180.
- The classic accompaniments for fried chicken are mashed potatoes, and veggies on the side. I served the ranch oven-fried chicken with Lipton pasta shells and zucchini-baby corn stir-fry. Recipe for that will be posted some other time.