I decided to add a twist to the turkey burgers that I made the other night for dinner. Why? Because I like to twist things… I think I’ve used that joke before in one of the recipes here. It wasn’t funny before, and it’s not funny now. Whatevs, I’m still adorable. *AHEM*.
Anyhoooooo, so back to the turkey burgers. The patties were from Food Lion. They were already formed into perfect rounds so you can just get the same patties from any grocery store. My husband is so used to my terrible burger-patty skillz that he said he’s going to teach me one day how to make perfect burger patties so when he eats his burgers things won’t be flying out of the plate. Hmm, hellleerrrr, the patties were store-bought so I guess I’m not the only one who’s got burger-patty problems. BOO-YAH!
Alright alright…. on to the mushrooms and onions toppings…
|Mushrooms & Onions Topping On Turkey Burgers|
- 4-6 pack of turkey patties
- cheese slices
- 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of lemon pepper
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of oil
- burger buns
- burger condiments(ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise)
- Cook the patties in a griddle, or pan, or grill. Place cheese slices on top of the patties at the last minute.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add the onions to cook until soft and transparent. About 2 minutes or so. Add the sliced mushrooms. Season with garlic powder, lemon pepper, and a little sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir and continue to cook until mushrooms are cooked. This shouldn’t take long.
- Assemble your burger. Mayonnaise on the buns, then the turkey patty w/ cheese slice, ketchup, mushrooms. then the mushrooms & onions topping in top.
- Serve with homemade fries on the side.
Wouldn’t this be a good twist for burgers this Summer?