A meal is incomplete without a side dish, especially a vegetable side dish. The starch side dish can be elaborate with the use of potatoes, bread, rice, or pastas. Vegetables on the other hand don’t need to be. Steaming, boiling, or sauteing don’t need a lot of work. A bowl of salad in the varieties of lettuce or mixed greens with your favorite salad dressing is delightful too. Sometimes, it’s as simple as nuking a bowl of corn kernels or peas from a can. In this instance, I sauteed onions, potatoes, carrots, and celery for an easy mixed vegetables side dish that went with baked Carribean chicken. It’s a simple, fast, and perfect side dish that could go with any protein entree.
|Easy Mixed Veggies Side Dish|
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled then cubes
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 tbsp of oil
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of Italian seasonings
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add the onions to cook until transparent. Add the potatoes and carrots. Stir together, cover the saute pan, cook until potatoes and carrots are fork-tender.
- Add the celery, season with garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt & pepper. Stir and cover. Cook for another 3 minutes or so.
Serve this easy mixed veggies side dish alongside chicken, pork, beef, or fish dishes.