|Catfish Fillets In Creamy Coconut Milk Sauce (Ginataang Hito) ||
Recipe type: Seafood, Catfish
- 6-8 catfish fillets
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb-size ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp of oil
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- Heat up oil in a saute pan. Add the onions, garlic and ginger to cook for about 2 minutes or so. Add the coconut milk, water, salt and pepper. Stir everything around. Gently place the catfish fillets into the pan. Stir a bit then cover to simmer for 35-40 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After simmering, take out the fillets and transfer in a serving platter/bowl. Uncover the saute pan and continue to cook the coconut milk sauce until reduced and thickened. Add the baby spinach leaves after turning the stove off. The remaining heat will wilt the spinach.
- I served the fish with soda bread but I bet you that creamy coconut milk sauce would be sooo good with hot white rice. :)
Recipe by Feistycook at http://feistycook.com/WP/2012/03/22/catfish-fillets-in-creamy-coconut-milk-sauce-ginataang-hito/