For a quick dinner last Thursday, I made breaded fried pork chops. It was the quickest and filling dinner I could make for my husband and son before they went out to go fishing. I threw in Lipton pasta and corn kernels for side dishes. Just this Monday, the husband asked for the same pork chops so I happily obliged. I love pork anytime of the day and week so who am I to complain? To add a little bit of twist to the pork chops, I decided to make caramelized onions too. To complete the meal, I added steamed asparagus and Italian bread for side dishes.
|Breaded Pork Chops W/ Caramelized Onions|
- 4-5 pork chops
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- lemon pepper seasonings
- garlic powder seasonings
- oil for frying
- To caramelize the onion, melt 1/2 stick of butter, then add the onion rings. Let that brown for a little bit then add the remaining butter. Stir, cover and cook for about an hour in medium heat. Stir occasionally. Cook until onions have browned and completely wilted.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with water. Season with lemon pepper and garlic powder.
- In a plate, season the flour too. Do the same thing with the bread crumbs in another plate.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan. Drench the pork chops, one at a time, in the flour, then the egg mixture, then into the bread crumbs. Fry up the pork chops, 8-10 minutes on each side. Do this in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- Place the breaded fried pork in a platter along with caramelized onions.
- Serve with steamed asparagus(or any veggies) and bread.
Caramelizing the onions take about an hour so do this before frying up the pork chops.