Technically, we have oranges in the house(along with grapes, apples, bananas, and watermelon) because my husband needed the mesh bag that holds the oranges. While going through the pictures of custard cake the other day, I realized that the bowl of oranges is quite prominent in some of the pictures. I thought about how delicious it would be to make orange flavored custard cake too. But I know I probably need to take a break from making another dessert for at least a week. Cooking with oranges is still something I wanted to do though so I decided to use 1 orange for a chicken marinade.
A very simple marinade involving citrus, soy sauce, and fresh garlic. That combination is such a really good marinade that could go with either pork, chicken, or beef. And here comes Baked Orange-Lemon Garlic Chicken.
|Baked Orange-Lemon Garlic Chicken|
- 3-4 pieces of leg quarters (or use 6 pieces of legs/thighs)
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
- orange zest
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, juice of the orange, juice of the lemon, and smashed garlic. Pour the marinade into a bowl with the chicken. Run a knife into the orange peel to get the zest. Add that into the chicken too.
- Mix the chicken and the marinade to coat. Cover the bowl then store in the fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours. Do it overnight if you want too. Flip or turn the chicken around in between marinating to coat the other side too.
- After marinating, preheat the oven to 350°. Place the chicken pieces in a foil-lined sheet pan(easy clean-up after cooking). Place the chicken into the pan then stick in the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Decorate your platter however you like. A green garnish sure makes it pretty, no?
- Serve with steamed veggies, and white rice.