To make the fried rice as good as the ones from your favorite Asian restaurants the trick is to cook the rice the night before. Line foil on top of a cookie sheet. Spread the cooked rice on the pan, breaking the chunks of cooked rice as much as you can. Then store the pan of rice inside the fridge to cool down overnight.
|Fried Rice W/ Smoked Sausage & Cilantro|
- 3-5 cups of long grain rice, cooked (amount depends how big the party is)
- oil for cooking
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 smoked sausage, sliced in rounds, diagonally
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- sprinkle of black pepper
- 5 sprigs of cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in the wok. Cook the eggs first, scrambled style. Transfer the eggs onto a bowl then set aside.
- Saute the onions, garlic and smoked sausage. Cook that for about 3-5 minutes or so. Add the cold rice. Break the rice apart with the spatula wile you stir as well. Just continue to keep stirring and breaking the chunks. You can rest if you want but not longer than 3 minutes or so.
- Season with black pepper and soy sauce. Keep stirring and cooking for about 5 minutes. Stir in the scrambled eggs and cilantro at the last minute.
- Serve with meat and vegetable stir-fry.