To tell you the truth, I’m not into peanut butter that much. A peanut butter sandwich hits the spot when I’m really starving and I need to get something quick. Reese’s Pieces is good once in a while too. But like I said, I’m not that fond of it.
On the occasional days that I get a craving for peanut butter, sometimes eating a spoon of it would suffice but sometimes I’ll make it all grand by making peanut butter cupcakes. My family sure appreciates it coz they are definitely peanut butte lovers.
|Peanut Butter Cupcakes W/ Chocolate Frosting|
- 4 tbsp of butter, softened
- 1 1/8 cups of light brown sugar
- 1/3 (or more) cup of peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 cups confectionery sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat over the to 350°, Line the muffin pans with the paper cases.
- Put butter, sugar and peanut butter into a mixer bowl and beat together for about 2 minutes. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after addition. Add the vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a separate bowl. Using a metal spoon, fold the flour into the mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Spoon batter into the paper cases. Bake the cupcakes for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Beat together the butter, confectionery sugar, vanilla, and unsweetened cocoa powder. If the frosting is slightly runny just add more confectionery sugar.
- Frost the cupcakes and enjoy.