To go along with the dumplings I made for dinner a couple of nights ago, I decided to make fritters out of a block of tofu and 2 zucchinis. I used the batter from the sesame chicken to continue the Asian theme I was going for. You could serve these as either appetizers, snacks, or lunch. Or dinner with dumplings as well.
|Tofu & Zucchini Fritters|
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 zucchini. cut lengthwise
- 1 block of firm tofu, cut lengthwise
- Combine the egg, cornstarch, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Whisk everything together to form the batter. Dip the tofu and zucchini slices in batches.
- Heat oil in a pot. Deep fry the battered tofu and zucchini slices, in batches as well.
- Drain the oil in a paper-lined platter.
- Serve the tofu and zucchini fritters with a soy sauce, scallions, and lemon juice dip, alongside dumplings.