Recipe type: Dinner, Pasta Dish
- 1 box of penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1-2 pounds of groundbeef
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- a sprinkle of Italian seasoning (or dried oregano and basil)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook the pasta according to its box. Al dente is good.
- While the pasta cooks, brown the ground beef in a pan. Drain the oil. Add the spaghetti sauce, 2 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Stir everything together. Cover and simmer, opening it occasionally to stir. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 365°.
- Transfer the cooked penne(sans the water) into the pasta sauce pan. Stir, then add 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Incorporate the cheese by stirring it again. Transfer the whole thing into a baking pan. Top it with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, evenly.
- Stick it in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Let it sit in the counter for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with green salad and cheesy garlic bread on the side.
Recipe by Feistycook at http://feistycook.com/WP/2011/12/10/baked-penne/