I wasn’t really sure if I was going to make Zucchini & Yellow Squash Au Gratin as one of the side dishes in our Thanksgiving feast yesterday. I thought it about weeks before but wasn’t firm about it and just told myself to decide on the day itself, depending on the time and my mood. Well, I decided to make it and good thing I did. It’s such a simple side dish to make but it’s really good in a cheesy and creamy way.
|Zucchini & Yellow Squash Au Gratin|
- 1 zucchini, peeled, sliced in rounds
- 1 yellow squash, peeled, sliced in rounds
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- In a square baking pan, arrange the sliced zucchini and yellow squash. In a bowl, combine the milk, heavy cream and 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Pour the whole thing over the zucchini and yellow squash. Top with the remaining cheese, then the bread crumbs. Bake it in the oven, 355° for 20 minutes.
- Cheesy and creamy side dish that you can make anytime, holidays or not.