These fish tacos are very light because the trout were baked instead of the usual drench-battered cod(or salmon) filet and deep-fried version. I only had 4 baked trout when I made this so I decided to pick the meat off of the leftover chicken wings from a hot wings night to serve a substantial dinner. This would be great for lunch too by the way. At the last minute, I decided to experiment and made wasabi-aeoli as a creamy condiment in lieu of regular sour cream to go along with the pico de gallo. The tacos were delicious.
|Duo Of Tacos: Baked Trout & Leftover Chicken Wings W/ Wasabi Aeoli|
- 4 trout fillets
- meat for 5 leftover fried chicken wings(optional)
- pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, salt and pepper)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 15-20 corn tortilla
- oil to warm up the tortillas
- 2 spoonfuls of sour cream
- 1 spoonful of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of wasabi
- 1 strings of cilantro
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar
- sprinkles of salt and pepper
- Make the pico de gallo in advance. Just combine chopped tomatoes(2), green scallions(2 strings), a few strings of cilantro, then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle red pepper flakes too if you want. Mix everything in a bow, cover then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 355°.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Rub both sides of the trout fillets. Place in a sheet pan, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or so.
- For the Wasabi-Aeoli: Blend together the sour cream, mayonnaise, wasabi, cilantro and seasonings until well combined. Transfer it in a bowl or a condiment bottle, then store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- CORN TORTILLAS: Brush a little bit of oil into a heated pan, lightly toast eash side of the corn tortilla, about 6 seconds each. Do this in batches.
- If you have leftover chicken, pick the meat off of the bones, warm up in the microwave.
- Layer the tacos: corn tortilla, baked trout or chicken, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, then a drizzle of wasabi-aeoli.
Use other leftover meat like steak or pork.