The amount of food and cooking shows I watch on TV would probably make anyone who doesn’t spend 5 minutes in the kitchen cringe. In my defense, these cooking shows are on while I’m working (hehe). FoodTV network would seem like it’s on 24 hours a day. Not at all. I still have Soaps On ABC to watch during the day . Without having to painstakingly explain my food and cooking shows obsession, let me just enumerate the ones I watch.
- Top Chef (BRAVO)
- Anthony Bourdain : No Reservations (Travel Channel)
- Andrew Zimmern’s Bizarre Foods (Travel Channel)
- Man Vs Food (Travel Channel)
- 30-Minute Meals with Rachael Ray (FoodTV)
- Paula’s Home Cooking (FoodTV)
- Barefoot Contessa (FoodTV)
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (FoodTV)
- Iron Chef America (FoodTV)
- Iron Chef, The Original (FLN)
- Hell’s Kitchen (Fox Network)
- Everyday Italian (FoodTV)
- Chopped (FoodTV)
- The Next Food Network Star (FoodTV)
- Food Network Challenge (FoodTV)
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (FoodTV)
- Tyler’s Ultimate (FoodTV)
- The Chef Jeff Project (FoodTV)
From time to time I’d catch other shows from FoodTV but the list above is pretty much my usual recipe of shows if you could call it the way. I love learning new recipes and I am always trying to recreate dishes I see from these TV shows with my own twist. I’m addicted to Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern‘s shows, respectively. They are my tools in learning other cultures’ food. I can’t travel to where they go every week but I can soak them all in through television. Food Network Challenge from FoodTV is actually the one show that my son and I love to watch together. He is very fascinated in watching how competing chefs create theme cakes, and sugar pieces.
The funny thing about me is that I have a photographic memory of the dishes from these various shows. The what’s and how’s are etched on my brain without having to write anything down. I can’t say the same thing about the names and faces of people I meet. Maybe I should delegate food pictures with their faces to help me remember, no?
Now that I’ve shared my favorite food and cooking shows, I’d like to know your own favorites. Do you watch as many as I do?
—-originally posted at the old Blisstree/b5media—-
(Image : Amazon.com)