A great side dish during the holidays, particularly Christmas. A perfect vegetable dish even for the most picky eater in your family.
|Cheesy Broccoli Casserole|
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 can of cream of mushroom
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
- black pepper
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375F. Butter a casserole pan or mist with cooking spray.
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, 7 minutes then transfer to a bowl of ice water.
- Mix soup, eggs, mayonnaise, cheese, butter and pepper in a saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and combined.
- Drain broccoli; spread evenly in the buttered baking pan. Pour cheese mixture, stirring once or twice to cover the broccoli. Sprinkle with crackers. Bake for 30 minutes.
–originally posted at forks.ca–